Saturday 6 August 2011

Ah, The Sighs That Come From My Heart

Ah, this will need some explaining. In my thirst to learn tunes (Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself?) I'm going through a book I've had sometime (Folk Songs of the British Isles compiled by Andrew Gant. 1997) to find all those I could possibly learn to play (Honestly, simply those whose scores don't go below the low D. I know it's possible to 'rearrange' those that don't, but that's currently beyond me/my patience).

I couldn't find anything else out about this tune (Even on Google) so here's what my book says:
AH, THE SIGHS THAT COME FROM MY HEART
Text and melody: W Chappell, Popular Music of the Olden Time (1859). Ascribed to a manuscript dating from the time of Henry VIII.
It'll be interesting to see what I can make of it when I come to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment